Thursday, November 27, 2008

BLESSED DAYS !


Though I am sorry for the long delay in updates; our family has been so busy with daily activities, visits from family and school goings - on. This month has been filled with (in short order) Julian losing his first tooth, a visit from Grandma Florence and Aunt Diana, volunteering in the classroom(s) - five different ones at two different schools - and preping for the holiday season upon us !

A major event in the Denny home happened last week when Steven and I were both full-emertion baptized last Sunday at our church ! What an exciting and anticipated day for both of us! Steven, having been raised Catholic, was "sprinkled" as an infant and there is still a debate going as to weather "I" was ever baptized as a preemie infant in the NICU on an emergency basis.

As I understand it - my twin brother was baptized and given last rites in quick order on an emergency basis before he died at 72 hrs. old. The assumtion always was that I recieved the same due to being so sickly as a "micro preemie" in the late
70's.

We decided on this past weekend as a good time due to the Thanksgiving season - as we are so blessed daily by God's provision for our family and my mom and step-dad came into town for a few weeks so my mom got to see this event as well - making it a special time for her!@ All our children came in from their prospective sunday school classes and got to witness this special event as well (thanks to all our wonderful teachers who took time out of the lessons to walk the kids into the worship center to witness our baptisms!)

As I write this - Steven is putting the turkey in the oven (after I stuffed it for the first time !) - my mom is sitting with the kids in the living room watching the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" a tradition for us and Gramdpa is sleeping in down in the basement! The dog has stolen a few sausage patties from breakfast; kids are asking for treats already; I have had my fill of coffee; and we are all so thankful for God's blessings on our family - especially since moving to Colorado last year!

HAVE A BLESSED AND THANKFUL WEEKEND - WE SEND OUR LOVE TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY !

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

So glad to get to meet you! I always love meeting mamas of large familys, esp if they share the same feelings about faith & family.
Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am very jealous of your venture into foster adopt (I wish we still could, but NJ's laws limit household size.)
My email is on my profile page :)
Most sincerely,
Debi